Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Live with enthusiasm by Donald

Travelling became my enthusiasm since I was very young, thanks to my mum as she has been very supportive and generous by taking me and my brother around the world. Through travel I 've learned a very valuable lesson: alternatives- means there are many ways to deal with the same thing, such as life style, work or just a simple meal.I was lucky to have a chance to study abroad for 9 years, during that period I got to see most of the european countries ( also many other countries), specially after I started my degree in Architecture ( lots of field trips). From a group tourist turned to a backpacker, and eventually an independent traveller. I knew travelling is the thing that keep me going, every holiday is a chance for me to see the world, I just can't stay at home and doing nothing.I was an architectural designer, In that three years I was trying hard to convince myself that I love it, but the fact was- I liked it. very different between like and love, I came to a bottle neck: should I get my part 3 (as a registered architect)done or I should do what I love?The answer is very obvious.I travelled to Thailand to see my fiancee every two months during my 'employee' period. Not only her but I seriously love this country, so as my family. We always look forward to have a break there. I felt inspired by all these, the people, street vendors, culture, chaos.... I was engergized after every visit.with the supports of my family I finally made my move. I said good-bye to what I liked and started what I love in BKK. I believe life will be far more fullfilled if things are being treated with enthusiasm. If the thing that I am doing is what I love, I won't be able to draw a clear line between two: life & work. when the time I was writing this, do you think I am working or living?

No comments: