Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Light up the past at Talad Meud (Night Market) by Neng


Seeing old photos might bring back somebody’s memory of childhoodWhile others may choose to go back to their old schools, amusement park, or the Disneyland.For me, whenever I want to feel the past, I choose to visit Talad Meud Klong Thom (Klong Thom night market)“How much is this cost ?”I grab one cartoon model and give it to the seller to bargain. This cartoon model is exactly the same with the one I had when I was young. Even though it’s not my first time in Klong Thom night market, I feel as if it’s the first time here. It’s because you’ll always find something new, and it’s the charm of this night market. Klong Thom night market locates on Charoen Krung road, covers most area of the road until Sue Pa road. (near by Klang hospital) During the day of the week days, you’ll mostly find hardware and electrical appliances here. But on the Saturday night, it’s the center of secondhand goods including antiques.It’s like this market sells almost everything you can think of. “If you come here to buy any particular things, you may not find it. But you’ll find what you want by chance”. At the very first time I came here, one seller told me that this idea is the truth because almost everything is sold here. You’ll find everything from household appliances, electric appliances, hardware, clothes, shoes, even a used shampoo bottle! “Selling things around the world” should be the right definition of this night market.Coming to this night market, is like to light up my childhood memory. It’s the feeling like when you find something you really like. It’s like you find the T-shirt you often wear in a pile of cloths in your closet. It’s like you find your favorite album in the drawer you’re about to clear it up. Therefore, coming to Klong Thom is like sitting in the time machine back to the good old days in childhood. If you feel so stressful from your work, or your study, I recommend you come here to escape from your hectic life. Even though it’s not the beautiful place here, but I believe that things you find will make you feel good like you feel in the past. And you wouldn’t believe how cheap they are. It already happened to me! For example, the cartoon model which is the same of what I had when I was in primary school, it costs only 50 baht. This is what I call “priceless”, And The old school book which really reminds me of my old friends, even though its price is almost double to the price on its cover, I feel inexpensive at all.Or even the VCD of old movies which I used to watch with my father, its price is not even over 100 baht.. This really reminds me of the scene of the past. It’s really what I call “Pay less, Get more” In the dusk of Saturday, put your hand in your pocket, if you find not much money..I recommend you go to buy the light of the past to light up the darkness of your mind caused by nowadays chaos.“If you want it, I give you 100 baht, this is really cheap” I think I agree with this proposed price, because at the same time, I think of the value of this cartoon model, which is beyond the measurement by price but the unique attachment with past.

No comments: