Monday, April 14, 2008

50 Years Old Coffee House story by Tuktar, translated by Boom

When the alarm clocks ring, everybody wake up and get ready for the tiredness they will face in the following day. The best place for working people who live in Thewet (where P.N. is located) to get energized is the coffee shop which located at the corner of Wisut Kasat Intersection. "Hia Tai Kee" has opened for more than 50 years since their grandfather went into a junk and crossed Chinese border to Thailand.First things that impress me are those round-wooden coffee tables which are decorated with marbles in the center including their sectional chairs that go with each other. The pictures of this family remind me of Chinese people who have a big family.After I enjoyed sitting and zipping coffee, in the corner of the shop, there was a group of men who are amulet (little Buddha image) lovers, each picked one to show to another with a lot of fun. In my opinion, they seem to be very experienced! Some were looking at them through a magnifying glass while some enjoyed sharing their experiences and knowledge with other people. This is one of the best places reveal the local life of Thewet community!I was waiting for a while, my coffee which was filled in a big glass (that hardly be seen in elsewhere) came. It was blended with the condensed milk, sugar and cream that made my thirst go away and refreshed me up with energy. Soon, there were foam/layer of coffee and the ice left in my glass.To zip hot coffee, there is hot tea served together. The menu also include omelets, steaks(?), dim sum, toast, cocoa, Ceylon tea, iced milk tea, fresh coffee from Doi Tung, Thai tea and so on.I had a little talk with the fans of this place. They all told me the same that no matter how old it is, its tasty coffee never change. Furthermore, its reasonable price will attract you and you will know that you can’t find such a special place like this one in Phranakorn District.

No comments: