Tuesday, July 29, 2008

P.N. sister from the north- "Pak Chiang Mai" by Donald

CafeDouble bedroom
Atrium, 2nd floor
Massage sala
Single room


Atrium, 2nd floor


Entrance to the en-suite
En-suite

Hand-painted wall
Room's balcony

Our little sister was born last week in Chiang Mai, called "Pak Chiang Mai". Before I typed this sentence I've been thinking for how to write this in an interesting way since I am very bad at writing. I choose not to polish the words and just tell you what I know ( I mean you have to cope with my awful writing).
Noon, our former staff who used to work in PN as a team leader and also a chef, some of you must remember her if you stayed here before last Oct 2007. In my eyes she is a person filled with enthusiasm & ambition. Last year she told us that her family would like to open a guest house either in Chiang Mai or Trat, everyone fully supported her to start her own business, including me & P Rose.
Last November they had made the decision and invite me to visit the site in Chiang Mai. At first glance the location looks a bit similar to PN in Bangkok, however it has some charm that is only available in Chiang Mai- a really slow pace atmosphere. Opposite to the site (where Pak Chiang Mai is located) is a pottery garden where you can see the process of making pottery sculptures, the garden itself is very refreshing & peaceful. The guest house is surrounded by private residents, a safe & quiet area ( the neighborhoods seem a bit wealthier than in Thewet).
I was honored to help them on the architectural planning & I went back to BKK to spare few days to finalize the plan.
The rest should be told by Noon & her family as they poured their heart into this project for more than six months, everything that you will see in Pak Chiang Mai is their own creation- decor style, breakfast, interior design, graphics & etc.... although you may be able to trace a bit of details from P.N.!
This 9 rooms guest house just opened its door last week, some of our P.N. gangs will also go there in the coming week to see their sister. If interested please contact Noon at noon_jaa@hotmail.com or visit our temporary web page

5 comments:

Yauski said...

Thanks for this!!

Sanjay & I will definitely stay there on our next visit to Chiang Mai :)

Cheerio
Amy

Unknown said...

Thank you for flagging this with us.. we loved PN when we stayed in BKK it was a haven from the madness that is Bangkok!! We adored the pace and relaxed atmosphere in Chiang Mai so we will definately check it out when we are next there. I will tell any friends I know travelling through also. Keep smiling!! Nicola & Robbie.

Anonymous said...

Wow! The new place looks great! I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Chiang Mai. Staying at PN was an amazing experience and I'm sure the new place will have just as much magic. Good luck!

kaebmoo said...

Cool !

marhas said...

Hello Donald, I would like to have an E-Mail-Adress to contact Pak Chiang Mai for a reservation. Please tell me.